Chaos Corona delivers high quality, physically-based shading in production rendering.
All its features are tightly integrated into Maxon Cinema 4D and 3ds Max.
Solo is for artists who want to use Corona on a fixed computer.
Supports Cinema 4D and 3ds Max.
Premium is ideal for customers who want access to floating licenses.
Includes access to Chaos companion products such as Phoenix, Player, Scans, and Cosmos.
Supports Cinema 4D and 3ds Max.
What's New in Chaos Corona 11
Corona Tile Map
- Easily create stunning bathrooms, kitchens, walls, and floors with procedural tiles thanks to the Corona Tile Map.
Scatter Look At
- Define upper and lower limits for scattering, creating more realistic and captivating nature scenes with Scatter Altitude.
Edge Map/Edge Shader
- You can now have scattered items look in the same direction quickly and easily using Scatter Look At.
- Easily apply effects like weathering and staining to the edges of objects with Edge Map/Edge Shader. This is particularly useful for objects with no thickness like leaves, photos, maps, paper, etc.
Corona Power Tools
- Add an extra layer of action to your scenes with smoke, fire, and other simulations thanks to Pyro. With our new Pyro support, you no longer need to run the simulation, export it to OpenVDB, and then load it back into the scene. Everything is done seamlessly directly in Corona for Cinema 4D.
- Corona 11 for 3ds Max comes with a set of handy scripts called Corona Power Tools, designed to speed up and replace repetitive and tedious design adjustments.
- In addition, with the randomization feature in Corona Power Tools, you can jiggle these objects around to achieve higher realism.
- Corona Power Tools offer a range of other capabilities including the ability to adjust pivot points, clean up a scene, and more. These versatile tools will prove to be quite useful in many different scenarios.
Improved Normal / Bump filtering reduces the loss of detail in those channels that can come with using a smaller render resolution or moving an object further away from the camera.
- Experience enhanced results with the new Intel Denoiser, now compatible with CPU and NVIDIA GPU.
- Users can now take advantage of the color management options offered by the latest versions of Cinema 4D and 3ds Max.
- Corona 11 for Cinema 4D also comes with an improved Lister feature.
What's New in Chaos Corona 10
Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max and Cinema 4D focuses on letting users speed up their workflow, more easily manage their scenes, and giving them more control to get the results they want. Below, we’ll detail the key features of this release, though there are many more smaller improvements too!
- Easily add cracks, dirt, stickers, etching, embossing, and more thanks to individual control over the material channels (Diffuse, Displacement, Metalness, etc.) affected by a Corona Decal.
- Fly cameras through smoke and clouds, or have them half-submerged in water with accurate rendering from Cameras inside volumetric materials such as those from Phoenix simulations.
- Brighter, more accurate Caustics when rendering to large resolutions.
- Greatly improved highlight blurring when using Depth of Field.
- Easily find and adjust scatters, lights, proxies, displacement, and cameras using the new Listers.
- Apply the same Triplanar, Color Correction, or Mapping Randomizer to multiple maps at once with new multi input and output options. No longer will you have to edit multiple nodes or spend time setting up control nodes to keep different maps in sync.
What's New in Chaos Corona 9
Corona Pattern – Tile geometry across a surface as easily as you’d tile a texture.
Procedural Clouds – Add detail to your Corona Sky, with animatable procedural clouds and airplane trails. You may never need an HDRI again.
Edge Trimming in Chaos Scatter – a much requested feature, implemented in this update to Scatter.
**Under the new licensing, included in ''Premium" Subscription are three powerful tools from Chaos.
Chaos Scans – The ultimate in realism for your materials, these have been cleverly scanned so that each material responds in its own unique way to lighting. Leathers, fabrics, even foils, can now be added to your scene, guaranteed to match the real world in both look and in scale. Included in your Premium subscription.
Chaos Player – An easy way to turn your image sequences into a video format. Now you won’t have to use a complex video editor that is overkill for your everyday needs. Included in the Premium subscription.
Chaos Phoenix – Corona has supported Phoenix for some years, but only a few users had it added to their toolset due to the significant extra cost. Now the perfect tool for making fire, smoke, water, and more is included in your Premium subscription.
Lots of smaller improvements
– Depth of Field from the fisheye camera, new Material Override settings to preserve slicers, out-of-core texture rendering to save some memory at render time, and more.