ACADEMY AWARD-WINNING PAINT, ROTO & COMPOSITING
Academy and Emmy Award-Winning VFX Tools Silhouette is a best-in-class, GPU-accelerated compositing application, delivering the industry’s most robust non-destructive paint and roto tools to feature film and visual effects teams. Since 2005, Silhouette has made its mark on Hollywood’s biggest film and TV shows including Avatar, Black Panther, Avengers: End Game, Game of Thrones, and many more.
The artists tool for Roto, Paint & Tracking. Silhouette 2020.5 goes beyond traditional roto and cleanup as a professional stereoscopic enabled node-based compositing system with 146 nodes designed for every finishing task. Silhouette is available as a standalone application for macOS, Windows, and Linux with floating license options for enterprise.
New Silhouette Paint plug-in! Our paint tools have now been streamlined into a multi-host plug-in supporting Adobe and OFX hosts. Best of all, is free for all Silhouette 2020 owners with active support contracts.
What's New in Silhouette 2020.5
- Silhouette Paint plug-in for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, The Foundry’s NUKE, Blackmagic Fusion & Resolve, Autodesk Flame, and Magix Vegas Pro. Silhouette Paint plug-in is available free with upgrade and support plans and all new standalone licenses, or as an affordable annual subscription.
- Node Favorites: Nodes can be tagged as a Favorite allowing them to be grouped separately in the Favorites tab of the Nodes window
- New Hold Node: Repeats the specified frame for the duration of the session. Useful for freezing a single painted frame for a clean plate
- Viewer > Onion Skin: Performs a mix between the current frame and either previous or later frames and is useful for creating frame by frame, hand painted animations
- Several user interface and useability enhancements as a result of customer input
- VFX Reference Platform 2020 and Python 3 support
- Integrated Mocha tracking now included at no extra charge
- New Roto tools: Magnetic splines with edge snapping, RotoOverlay previews and Weighted Keyframe creation to change the timing of shape animations
- New Paint tools: New Dodge, Burn and Detail brushes as well as a frequency (detail) separation workflow for improved retouching